Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Chruch in New Mexico

Church Interior
click photo to enlarge view

A scenic view of a church somewhere in New Mexico. I don't know its name and the exact location. I was there right on the foot of the staircase. I have to find out where this place is. The view was awesome. If my memory was right it was in 1995 when we traveled from El Paso, TX to Carlsbad Cavern, going all the way to Ruidoso and then to Colorado. For many years I have been wondering and looking for the name and location of this place. Thank's to the Internet - my search is over. Finally, I can post the photos in my blog!!!


Yes, after an hour of searching in the internet, I finally found the name of the church. It's called "Saint Joseph Apache Mission" in Mescalero between Almagordo and Ruidoso in New Mexico.

"A little bit of history about the church"


St. Joseph Apache Mission church sits nestled in the heart of the Sacramento Mountains where it stands as a tribute to the faith, patriotism and courage of the people of southern New Mexico.



This inspiring Romanesque church was built to serve the people of the Mescalero Apache Reservation, and has been dedicated as a memorial to veterans who gave their lives in World War I and II.



Through the years St. Joseph Apache Mission has continued to serve the spiritual and communal needs of the Mescalero Apache and surrounding neighbors. You can check their website at www.stjosephmission.org


On Feb. 1, 2005 this church was officially entered in the National Register of Historic Places and on federal list of historic properties. worthy of preservation.

No comments:

Blood Moon

I captured this Super Blood Moon last January 2018 from our balcony.